Jerry (Feldman) and Rodney,

Interestingly, your message (Jerry) also came in as an attachment. And
thanks for the explanation. I was remiss in not looking at the headers
myself. As for OE being broke, to quote Insp. Renaud, it's just shocking.
Let's cut MS a break. They've only had 20 years to get it right.

OE really is flaky but I have so many tech groups that I read with it that
switching to and setting up another newsreader is more grief that it's worth
to me. I'll try to update it, though this XP Pro version just came in with
the new box about two months ago. Now that I know the cause I can just open
the attachments of messages I care about.

Thanks, guys.

Jerry

"Jerry Feldman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]