Thanks for the clarification, Brad. I loved the last line of the wiki you pointed me to: "This bug has still not been rectified." So typical of MS and, given the age of OE, quite outrageous.

So, having read ahead in the thread, the issue simply comes down to "sign at your own risk," since many OE users are simply not going to open the attachment of a blank message. There's no right or wrong here, just a fact of life.

Jerry

"Brad Rogers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:15:27 -0400
The PGP signed post rendered as attachment in OE is a known issue.  I
first came across it a number of years ago.  I forget exactly when, but
it's at least three years.  Gmane is not at fault WRT to this.

It *only* applies to PGP/MIME sigs, and *not* in line sigs, BTW.  See;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express#Handling_of_PGP.2FMIME_signed_messages