On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:19:09 -0700 (PDT), maddog2020
<landscat...@live.com> wrote:
> Corpus here doesn't seem to understand that your can get blacklisted if
you
> email host puts you on a shared server with a spammer. Therefore, by no
> fault of your own, you are effectively blacklisted. Furthermore, it is
more
> than likely that the spammer on my shared server does not have an email
> address or even know about a domain i'm trying to send email to. So
because
> this spammer-1 sends a message that SORBS consider's spam to XYZ.com,
> ABC.com blocks my email along with anyone else that is hosted on my
server
> eventhough no one at any of the domains hosted on my server intends to
spam
> ABC.com all because they use SORBS and are too lazy to create their own
> blacklist. What kind of sense does that make?

dont know, but i agre ip blacklist will be last resort if
postmaster@sender_domain.example.org does not solve it, to many hosts
somply host 700 domains on one ip webserver and dont care of ip blacklists
or even scan outgoing emails from that WEBSERVER ip

suggested is to have diff ip for MAILSERVER and WEBSERVER or atleast scan
outgoing mails

> As for SORBS, the easy way to get delisted and quit whining about how
> long it takes, is to *not* get listed in the first place. It's really a
> case of actions have consequences. Not careful in your output, don't
> expect any sympathy.

atleast sorbs have still not listed my own ip as dynamic as spamhaus had
for around 2 weeks ago, but it was simple me that used my postmaster @ junc
dot org and acted on a respondse email to spamhaus and it was delisted in
less then one hour

use dnswl.org to help you out with pr domain whitelisting, and then hope
sorbs use dnswl

my ripe range is listed as mix of mobile dynamic and static ips and on top
of that its less then 12 months old range, still keep problems of dns not
working since its not unlisted in border routers and dns servers where the
range is acl blackholed

eg rfc-ignorant.org was not possible to use for my spammassassin, that is
resolved now