> your IP isn't backlisted. It's listed as a DUL, which is correct:

OK, right, that makes sense.

> You'll have to use a smarthost or get a static/business connection.

I'm not sure I understand this bit. From what I see on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_host, I already use a "smart host", in
that the SMTP server specified in my mail client is not an open relay. Or is
there more to this?

One other thing I don't get is this: surely anyone who uses something like
Thunderbird to send their email from a dynamic IP like this one will
invariably trigger this rule? I must have had a major misunderstanding about
SMTP then; what http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL
seems to be saying is that NOBODY with a dynamic IP is "supposed" to be
talking to an SMTP server... which just makes no sense to me.

Any help will be very much appreciated!