On 05.04.11 04:29, rstarkov wrote:
> I am using SMTP authentication, and it's on a static IP. It's the PC with my
> Thunderbird that's on a dynamic IP.

ok

> > The dynamic checks are only run at internal network border, which means,
> > mail should not get delivered from such hosts directly.
> > That requires properly configured internal_networks.

> Right, I'm just misusing a rule, aren't I. I think I should just turn it
> off.

no. You should just properly configure trusted_networks and
internal_networks so all dnsbl rules would be used as they should.

> > And, of course, your MTA must put authentication info to mail headers in
> > the format SA understands (so it knows SMTP AUTH was used and therefore
> > skips those RBL checks).
>
> I'm not sure what exactly you mean here - could you drop a keyword or two so
> I could google?

"spamassassin dynamic"
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

>  My MTA authenticates to the SMTP server because the SMTP
> server will not talk to anyone who hasn't, but I don't think either the MTA
> or my server add any headers to indicate that this has occurred.

if your MTA properly marks mail received with authentication and inserts
authentication headers, SpamAssassin will take those headers and dynamic
RBL checks should not apply.

you should paste such mail to pastebin/whatever and send the link here so we
(on this list) could see what's the problem

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.