> From: "John Hardin" <jhar...@impsec.org>
> I fully agree. When I purchase an air-line ticket, I want the mail
> immediately in my inbox.
>
> If the greylisting software replies a "4xx Please come back in 299
> seconds",
> the truth is that you will have to wait an undetermined amount of time,
> depending on the sending server setup, and not at all under your control.
> Very frustrating.

I use a blend of greylisting and spamassassin, so that only mails which
are close to the margin by SA score get greylisted; lower-scoring mails
are accepted immediately, and high-scoring mails are rejected outright. It
works pretty well. I've never had any complaints about delivery speed, but
some senders have broken mail servers that don't retry on receiving a
temporary failure.

Greylisting.org maintains an incomplete list of such servers:
http://www.greylisting.org/whitelisting.shtml

--Ian