On 08/10/2014 04:30 PM, Andy wrote:
> Hello it's the toymaker with the spam problem again.
>
> I am just wondering if I could get a second opinion on a response I just
> received from Lunarpages tech support (albeit the first level, and
> probably a canned response). It would be helpful to present other
> viewpoints, if any, to the higher level techs and executives that I'm in
> touch with there. They are promising to come out with a "fix" in 60 days,
> but aren't exactly saying what it is.
>
> I received two near identical pieces of spam. I understand, in advance,
> that their being sent from two different locations/servers/IP addresses
> can certainly mean something when it comes to scoring, but just the same,
> they are both still full of BS.
>
> Here are the headers:
>
> http://pastebin.com/bMi7Ewju

When looking at the header, the message sure is filtered by some spam
filtering engine, and it was marked as spam. Maybe Lunarpages does only
that, and leaves moving the message to the spam folder to the end
customer (by means of creating a subject sorting rule in the local MUA).
If the spam filtering technology used is spamassassin (it looks a bit
customized), then it is actually working, for all I can see.

That does not say much about Lunarpages support, who only are trying to
dodge your questions in stead of pointing you to the documentation on
how to configure your MUA.

Tom