Hi,

> > Please help me understand why SPF_FAIL would not be triggered when >
> > >
 > > an incoming email using my domain is received by a server that is >
 > > not in
 > > my SPF record.
>
> The SPF fail SHOULD be triggered in that case. But in your first mail you
> have mentioned T_SPF_PERMERROR hits instead and later you have denied it...

I thought it was related to the sending domain, which it was, but I
later learned one of the includes in our domain was also apparently
expanded, and caused our SPF record to temporarily exceed the 10 DNS
query limit, confusing the entire situation.

> it's hard to explain why it does not work if you don't provide proper info.

I understand. Thank you for being patient.

Thanks,
Alex