>  My response was based on how you worded your question, which has been
>  removed from the thread now:

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
The SPF fail SHOULD be triggered in that case.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM, John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:
Matus, I think you misread the question. Again: whether or not the
*receiving* MTA is mentioned in the SPF record is immaterial.

I don't know whether Alex (at the time) misunderstood SPF and asked a
question based on that misunderstanding, which I tried to clarify, or he
simply mistyped "by" when he should have typed "from".