On Sat, Jul 9, 2016, at 08:28 AM, Groach wrote:
> But that said, in fairness, of all the spam we do receive, from what I
> can tell, is already handled and dealt with by the usual DNSBL, SURBLs
> and spamassassin (with SPF and DKIM checking encompassed).  Ive never
> had to use/block these TLDs and, in fact, I cant actually say that I
> have every seen one, genuine or otherwise (other than our accountant of
> course).

Generally, agreed.  Though every once in awhile, a few would sneak through --
afaict, not YET on one of the major DNSBLs (guess I've got the 'privilege' of
being an early send target ).

Blocking the TLDs simply reduces the load even further -- no lookups, no A/V or
SA processing, nada.  Just dropped into a hole early.

For my use, there's no harm done to my end.  And I'll sure admit to getting
satisfaction by not supporting the TLD-hawking parasites :-)

With what's left, I'm "99% sure(tm)" I could probably run my server on an RPi
;-)

Bottom line is, it costs me less time, resource & effort, and my users are
happy.  Which makes me happy.