From: Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 11:18 AM
To: Tomasz Lubinski <t.lubin...@verocel.pl>
Cc: Subversion <users@subversion.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Subversion 1.14.1 and serf 1.3.9

Den ons 20 okt. 2021 kl 10:35 skrev Tomasz Lubinski <t.lubin...@verocel.pl
<mailto:t.lubin...@verocel.pl> >:

Is it possible to use subversion 1.14.1 with serf 1.3.9?
Documentation says: ' 7.  Apache Serf library 1.3.4 or newer (OPTIONAL)' but
when used with
- SERF 1.3.9, and
-  OpenSSL 3.0

I've got segmentation fault from SERF, near:
svn_ra_serf__open ->
svn_ra_serf__exchange_capabilities ->
svn_ra_serf__context_run_one ->
svn_ra_serf__context_run_wait ->
svn_ra_serf__context_run ->
serf_context_run ->
serf_event_trigger ->
serf_process_connection ->
read_from_connection ->
handle_response

OS: Windows 10.

With incorrect user password it returns without segmentation fault.
When not accepted SSL failures also returns without segmentation fault.

If I understand you correctly, you get the crash when doing some operation with
a correct password (and SSL certificate)? Is it a specific operation or do you
always get the crasch? I think there has been reports here or in the
TortoiseSVN forum with similar errors caused by firewalls filtering/closing the
connection, but I'm a bit short on time to dig them up in the archive.

I'm running TortoiseSVN 1.14.1 which is built using Serf 1.3.9 and OpenSSL
1.11.1l. I have no problems with this build.

Possibly OpenSSL 3 is not well tested (or even not tested at all, considering
it was released 2021-09-07).

Are you building yourself or are you using a binary distribution?

Can you try a version with OpenSSL 1.1?

Kind regards,

Daniel