I recommend Linux for 2 reasons :
 - easier to install and maintain a secured Tomcat (especially when
using different TOMCAT_HOME & TOMCAT_BASE, on Windows it's pretty
difficult to know how to secure all directories correctly) ; if you
have to deal with file uploading, you don't want a system which could
launch any exe,..
 - doesn't need to reboot every 3 days because of the memory
fragmentation or anything else