> From: michael.repu...@gmail.com [mailto:michael.repu...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat no longer writing to log files
>
> I think I'm going to give up on Tomcat entirely ...
> crappy piece of software.

That's a pretty amazing attitude for somebody who admitted they screwed up and
then blames a product that's used on about 60% of the app servers in the world.
 Why would anyone bother to help you when you whine like that?

Regardless, before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, try installing an
official Tomcat from tomcat.apache.org; the 3rd-party ones that come with many
Linux distributions use symlinks to scatter bits and pieces of Tomcat all over,
especially the log files.  It's highly likely you have destroyed those
symlinks.  If you must use Ubuntu packages, you should be talking to Ubuntu
support.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.