2009/11/12 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>

> To whom it may concern,
>
> On 11/11/2009 8:33 PM, maven apache wrote:
> > Thanks for your attention.
> > Actually I did not modify the catalina.bat directly , I create a new bat
> > named debug.bat in the same directory, the content of the debug.bat is :

> > cd %CATALINE_HOME%/bin
>
> This is not spelled correctly. It should be CATALINA_HOME, not
> CATALINE_HOME.
>
> > set JPDA_ADDRESS=1044
> > set JPDA_TRANSPORT=dt_socket
>
> This is the default JPDA_TRANSPORT when using Tomcat's startup scripts.
>
> > set CATALINA_OPTS=-server -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
> > -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=1044
> > startup

> > Then I start the tomcat with the debug.bat.
>
> It's tough to tell where the lines end due to word wrapping, but it
> looks like this script doesn't do anything but set environment
> variables. Is the "startup" word actually on a separate line from the
> "set CATALINA_OPTS" line? I'll assume so, otherwise nothing would happen.
>
> Note that you could have put these settings into bin/setenv.sh and it
> would be called before calling catalina.bat.
>
> Finally, Tomcat allows you to specify the JPDA_* environment variables
> so that you don't then have to re-specify everything in CATALINA_OPTS.
> Try deleting your debug.bat file and instead put this into your
> CATALINA_BASE/bin/setenv.bat file:
>
> set JPDA_ADDRESS=1044
> set CATALINA_OPTS=-server -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=none
>
> Note that catalina.bat will auto-build the following command-line
> arguments when starting up the JVM, given my above settings:
>
> - -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=1044,server=y,suspend=n
>
> Now, you have to start Tomcat like this:
>
> %CATALINA_BASE%\bin\catalina.bat jpda start
>
> This should start Tomcat using all the JPDA options. If you don't use
> "jpda start", then all the JPDA_* environment variables are useless. I
> can see why you ended up specifying everything in CATALINA_OPTS: because
> Tomcat was otherwise ignoring all your settings.
>
> After you get Tomcat started, you'll need to verify that the JPDA
> options were actually enabled. If they were, you should have something
> listening on port 1044:
>
> C:\Tomcat> netstat -a -o | find "1044"
>
> If the above command shows something like this:
>  TCP    127.0.0.1:1044         Krang:0           LISTENING    332
>
> Then JPDA has properly started and is listening on that port. If not,
> try running the netstat command without the "| find" part to see if
> that's failing (I tried adding "-b" argument and I got a "requires
> elevation" error, so the "find" of course didn't work). If there's
> nothing listening on port 1044, then your JPDA configuration is broken
> and you should re-post with your current progress.
>
> If it's listening, then you have a problem with your debugger and/or
> firewall issues. Since the subject of this thread is "remote debug", I
> [...]
I check it with my own configuration and found that the connection is
established ,however I did not know since there is no message,so I try to
connect the server side again, so I got the connect failed
And now I can connect it ,since I found each time I after I connect the
tomcat start window  will show a message in the below:
Listening for transport at ...1044.
That to say I think the connect of the debug is successful, and I have add
breakpoints in the servlet,so I open a browser and enter:
http://localhost:9000/helloServlet or
http://localhost:1044/helloServlet ,but none of them can open the
page, and the IDE did not turn to the class
where I have add the breakpoints.