Venkata Surapaneni wrote:
We have a requirement to stick to 5.x version as of now. We tried using the
latest version of 5.5.x, but we encountered a issue. After installing the
tomcat and if we check in the browser as localhost, it is working fine. But if
we try accessing using IP address, then the Tomcat home page is not displayed.
The result is same for all the versions later than 5.5.28. Not sure what is
causing this or what needs to be done to fix this. So we started using 5.5.28.

That sounds like a network misconfiguration issue or a misconfiguration within Tomcat's server.xml, not a Tomcat problem per se.

1) download the latest version of Tomcat 5.5 and install it, even if it appears
not to work
2) Note the exact problem carefully (including logfile message if any)
3) Remove all comments and sensitive information from the server.xml file, and copy and paste it in your next message.
Repeat : copy and paste, do not send it as an attachment; the list strips most
attachmnts.

The point : better to use a known "best version" of Tomcat, and fix what appears to be a simple misconfiguration, rather than spending a lot of time looking for missing DLLs or the like.