Allow me to clear that up:
1) If no "address=" parameter is given in the <Connector> when running under
Windows 2008/Vista/7, then the APR will only bind to the IPv6 "any" address of
[::] for the specified port.
2) If you need IPv4 support under APR, you will need to either specify the
"address=0.0.0.0" parameter to get the IPv4 "any" address, or specify the
actual IP address to listen on.
3) If you need to support both IPv4 & IPv6, you will need to set up two
connectors, one for each protocol.
4) This only applies if you are using the APR/native libraries.

This was originally discussed on this list in May of 2010, and I think this was
determined to be due to Microsoft deciding to implement two protocol stacks,
but no one was exactly sure.

Also, this only applies to APR/native version 1.1.12 and later, but I doubt
anyone really wants to use the earlier versions any more.

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.