Compare the java code to something in velocity/jsp like...

href="/path/to/something.jsp?id=${draft.id}"

...I know, I know...you really can't compare the 2 because wicket's
version can have a lot more functionality easily. But, your ABSOLUTELY
POSITIVELY right about paying with maintainability, except you still
have to maintain the HTML file, yuck.

99.9% of the time I am very very happy with Wicket and wish that
everyone used it. I hate working on JSP/JSF projects because "it's the
standard and blah blah crap crap".

I liked the last "Con" though. "Everything has to be done in Java" - I
know what you meant, but its still funny. I wish everything could be
done in Java, even the design. And I don't mean HTML+CSS, but some
magically awesome design engine that would output HTML+CSS.

With a Wicket application its A LOT easier to figure out where
everything is and how it gets there. OO w00t. Ah, the days of PHP/JSP
hell.