On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:35:02AM -0800, mraible wrote:

> Pros:
>
> * Great for Java developers, not web developers

Not sure here who you mean by "web developers". If you mean HTML
slingers I would think the absence of taglibs and logic in the templates
would be an advantage.

> * Tight binding between pages and views

Not sure what this means either, but it sounds bad!

The biggest pros for me are as follows:

* Easy to build re-usable components
* Components can be packaged as simple JARs

> Cons:
>
> * HTML templates live next to Java code

I think this is a pro. Not only does it encourage logical organization
(just like Java source in directories and files named after the class
names), but it is key to being able to package components into JARs.

> * Need to have a good grasp of OO

To me this is the biggest con. I've worked with a number of Java devs
who have trouble grokking anonymous inner classes, which you must know
cold to be effective with Wicket.

> * The Wicket Way - everything done in Java

...as opposed to some things in Java, some things with taglibs,
some things with Velocity/FreeMarker control structures, and the rest in
XML? Sure sounds like a pro to me.

jk