John Krasnay wrote:
To me this is the biggest con. I've worked with a number of Java devs
who have trouble grokking anonymous inner classes, which you must know
cold to be effective with Wicket.

Quite a con indeed.  Wicket is not a framework that most people new to Java/OO can easily
jump into and start churning out apps with.  This ties together with the concept of
models, and figuring out which is the right for the situation.  There is no easy answer,
it is more of an instinctive "feel" that you get over time.

It is inherently worse for people that were Struts devs.  It took me a while to
unlearn my view of the world.