IMHO the keys fo JSF "success" are:

-They sell it as a standard with companies backing it up. It doesn't matter
if it is an over complicated model and that you need things like JBoss Seam
to fix it. On many companies decisions are taken by pointy haired bosses...
and they like to hear to the words "standard" and "official support". So, if
things go wild they have "support"... and some one else to blame.
-It is more easy to find developers knowing (willing to learn) JSF... At
least on Spain  it is rather difficult to find Job opportunities as a
Wicket developer or as a Tapestry or as that-ever-else != (struts or
JSF)-developer.

I love Wicket and the natural approach it offers to do web-development...
and I have been pushing hard to use it whenever possible...  but on the
"real world" it is not enough to be an excellent product to gain
wide acceptance...  Does last sentence ring a bell?

Best,

Ernesto

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Chris Colman <chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com