> I think the problem is that most good software engineers see 'beauty' in
> the elegant component based, object oriented architecture of Wicket - we
> can all go "oooh" and "aaaah" just thinking about how truly beautiful
> Wicket has been 'engineered'.
>
> We see beauty beyond the external presentation.
>
> People out in the real world however, or developers who don't get the
> "oooh/aaah" value from elegant design and architecture, are usually
> 'beauty is only skin deep' people - and given then don't care about
> elegant engineering 'under the hood' their evaluation of the 'goodness'
> of something is based totally on the appearance of the 'skin'.
>
> I think we have to grasp the concept that there are two different types
> of people and they're on opposite ends of the spectrum - the less
> 'engineering' someone is the more they crave 'funky look and feel'.
>
> Because of the above, and maybe I'm going out on a limb here, IMHO
> Wicket's much wider adoption is totally reliant on improving the Wicket
> website's 'looks' to newcomers on their first visit.

as expressed before: emotions. e... motion > motion > movement. the
nice emotions you experiment as an engineer on wicket, the same
non-techs experiment on render-side. but at the end what moves you,
and other people, the hole world: emotions. so let's speak that
language at the non-dominated side yet, but not only in look & feel
(design), also in strategy (marketing).