On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM, procrastinative.developer <
procrastinative.develo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really enjoy wicket, it's really easy to create complex site with it. For
> me the biggest problem was a 'wicket way'. To create site effectivly, we
> need to learn a lot about how wicket works etc. Without good documentation
> process of learning can be frustrating.
>
>  I see this problems in wicket:
>  1)lack of good documentation (for beginners is ok, but for more complex
> problems sometimes I need to spend a lot of time to discover how I need to
> do that)

since you know better some parts of Wicket now I officially invite you to
help me with the new reference guide for beginners. See my previous mail in
this thread for the urls
many people complain about this but no one offered help so far

>  2)lack of good IDE support - I use netbeans and intellij and tools for it
> are not very good.

Intellij has very good support for Java/Scala/Groovy, HTML, JS, HTML, CSS
:-)

 3)lack of good list of tools -in my wicket career i found a lot usefull
> tools, but in 50% it was a matter of luck.

what kind of tools do you mean ? which are the useful ones ?

>  4)a lot of abandoned plugins - because of a lot of api breaks between
> wicket 1.4 and wicket 6.0 some plugin not working with current version of
> wicket.

Here is my point of view here - the abandoned plugins are those which are
not very useful to the community.
Since no one migrated them means that no one needed them so far.
Many libraries have migrated so it is not so hard.

> Wicket developers did a lot of good work. Wicket popularity depends on
> wicket community. Maybe developers of plugins and wicket tools(not only
> wicket components, but also IDE plugins developers and tools like wicket
> RAD
> etc) should give feedback what they need for easier tools creation. Wicket
> dev should freeze api. I think that now wicket is very mature framework and
> with version 6.0 its time to start building infrastructure around it that
> help developers to create webapplications.
>
> Maybe it's time to build site like "wicket repository" where user can
> publish and search information about created by other users plugins?

The repository is at https://github.com/wicketstuff/core Why do you need
something else ? Who will maintain several repositories ? This will just
confuse all new developers.
Pick an issue from
https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open
and
make your contribution to the community.