I'll wade into the point about IDE plugins since I was the original
maintainer of Wicketforge (https://code.google.com/p/wicketforge/), which
is still being actively developed by Minas Manthos.

As it stands today, Wicketforge is a great productivity enhancer when
developing Wicket apps. It provides autocompletion of Wicket IDs, templated
panel and page creation, as well as a few inspections and intentions to
make life easier (More info here:
https://code.google.com/p/wicketforge/wiki/PluginFeatures). More features
could be added, but the value is questionable given IDEA's already
excellent HTML and Java support.

Right now Wicketforge has no open tickets. If the plugin doesn't do
something you want it to do, checkout the source and contribute back. I'm
sure Minas would love to get some patches, and if he's busy I'll come out
of plugin retirement and take a look.

-Nick