Asiri Rathnayake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Peter Lees <p...@yseda.com> wrote:
>
>> hi folks
>>
>> i am having lots of trouble importing documents with graphics in them.
>>
>> even a doc with 1 or 2 small graphics is running past the timeout period
>>  (even though i've set timeout to 300,000 msec - 5min).
>>
>> system is:
>>
>> - xwiki 2.0.3 standalone
>> - openoffice 3.1
>> - centos 5.4 linux on vmware
>> - java heap set to 300MB (JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx300m)
>>
>> is this a known problem and/or can anyone suggest a fix?
>>
>> is office importer even supposed to be able to handle graphics?
>>

> Yup, office importer can handle graphics without issues. I think this has
> something to do with your particular operating environment, is this a
> desktop system or a server? I suspect this is something with your X server
> configuration but I'm not sure. I will check 2.0.3 myself to see if there
> have been a regression.

Hello all

With X turned on (runlevel 5 on the linux box) there's no improvement in
the import of documents with images (still times out)

I start xwiki automatically from an init script - so it doesn't pick up
a DISPLAY environment variable.

Can anyone confirm whether they can import documents with images with:

  - linux 2.6(.18)
  - openoffice.org 3.1.1
  - xwiki (standalone) 2.0.3

?