Hi,

On 12/4/2009 10:33 AM, Asiri Rathnayake wrote:
> Hi,
>

> With X turned on (runlevel 5 on the linux box) there's no improvement in
>
>> the import of documents with images (still times out)
>>
>> I start xwiki automatically from an init script - so it doesn't pick up
>> a DISPLAY environment variable.
>>
>> Can anyone confirm whether they can import documents with images with:
>>
>>   - linux 2.6(.18)
>>   - openoffice.org 3.1.1
>>   - xwiki (standalone) 2.0.3
>>

> Here is my configuration:
>
> - Fedroa 10 desktop (2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686.PAE kernel)
>
> - XE 2.0.3
>
> - OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 (Build 9420)
>
> Importing documents with images works fine.
>
> Few questions for you:
>
> 1. Is openoffice server listening on port 8100? Can XE connect to that port?

The port should be fine since importing simple documents works.
> 2. What does the XE log tell you when this problem occurs.

I also have a import issue on the 2.0.3 XE tag. It seems that the issue
was reported by another user here:
http://n2.nabble.com/OpenOffice-converter-problem-URL-seems-to-be-an-unsupported-one-td3996858.html#a3996858
Importing works fine for me on the current 2.0.x snapshot.
> Another possibility is that there might be a problem with your openoffice
> profile. Usually this should not happen because jodconverter automatically
> creates a profile.
No, the profile is not created automatically, at least not every time. I
had this issue on both Windows and Linux. You need to start & use Open
Office so that it creates the folder, otherwise you need to create it
yourself or change the office importer settings.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru