Hi,

With X turned on (runlevel 5 on the linux box) there's no improvement in
> the import of documents with images (still times out)
>
> I start xwiki automatically from an init script - so it doesn't pick up
> a DISPLAY environment variable.
>
> Can anyone confirm whether they can import documents with images with:
>
>  - linux 2.6(.18)
>  - openoffice.org 3.1.1
>  - xwiki (standalone) 2.0.3

Here is my configuration:

- Fedroa 10 desktop (2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686.PAE kernel)

- XE 2.0.3

- OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 (Build 9420)

Importing documents with images works fine.

Few questions for you:

1. Is openoffice server listening on port 8100? Can XE connect to that port?

2. What does the XE log tell you when this problem occurs.

Another possibility is that there might be a problem with your openoffice
profile. Usually this should not happen because jodconverter automatically
creates a profile. Just in case, in xwiki.properties file try uncommenting
openoffice.profile option and point it to a valid (initialized) profile
directory (like /home/user/.openoffice.org/3).

- Asiri