Hi,

On 12/4/2009 11:27 AM, Asiri Rathnayake wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> 1. Is openoffice server listening on port 8100? Can XE connect to that
>>
>>> port?
>>>

>>> The port should be fine since importing simple documents works.

>>> I also have a import issue on the 2.0.3 XE tag. It seems that the issue
>>> was reported by another user here:
>>>
>>> http://n2.nabble.com/OpenOffice-converter-problem-URL-seems-to-be-an-unsupported-one-td3996858.html#a3996858
>>> Importing works fine for me on the current 2.0.x snapshot.

>>> openoffice

>>> automatically

>>> No, the profile is not created automatically, at least not every time. I
>>> had this issue on both Windows and Linux. You need to start&  use Open
>>> Office so that it creates the folder, otherwise you need to create it
>>> yourself or change the office importer settings.
>>>

>> Well, if the OpenOffice server is started internal to XE AFAIR OpenOffice
>> profile should be created automatically. But if you are starting OpenOffice
>> server externally, then you have to provide a profile directory manually.
>>

> With jodconverter 3.0-beta-2 you don't need a profile directory if you are
> starting OpenOffice server internal to XE:
>
> Refer:
> http://groups.google.com/group/jodconverter/browse_thread/thread/8b73b26b701c3249?pli=1for
> details.

I fell we're hijacking the thread with this. Even if jodconverter will
create your profile directory you still need to update the office
importer management app which requires an directory path to connect.
You only get to call jodconverter while importing, and obviously after
the connection is made. But you can't connect to the server without the
folder in the first place.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru