Hi Florin,

Hi,

> Sorry for the previous empty mail.
> All this quoting is not necessary, I never asked how jodconverter
> behaves nor do I trust the doc without testing it ;) My point is that
> just relying on that upgrade or specification didn't do the trick and we
> still have the issue. Please test the use case. :)

What do you think I have been testing for last year or so? :)

I have tested OfficeImporter in a lot of scenarios (mostly on linux boxes
though) but I cannot do exhaustive testing on all the environments. I know
we have a problem with OfficeImporter on fresh boxes but you have to
understand that currently I cannot do a lot of investigations regarding this
issue. An issue like this cannot be fixed just by going through the code, I
need some time to investigate. Please understand me, it's about priority,
not about technical details.

Why I pointed out the docs was because this problem never came across me
until recently, so without getting someone's clear confirmation that we
_really_ have an important issue, I'd rather not spend time on investigating
it.

> The server fails to start when you call the start() method in
> DefaultOpenOffice manager if you don't provide an valid folder.
> Note that there is a difference between profileDir and
> templateProfileDir which you set in the configuration. Maybe you could
> investigate this.
> Since this is not related to the current thread, i propose to move the
> discussion on jira. This is a low priority issue as it only happens on a
> fresh machine.

I agree, and I plan to investigate this issue (and there are several other
issues on my list), I just need to find time for them.

- Asiri