I understand the issue of film distributors not having the right to sell
perpetuity rights, but it will reduce sales.  Items that have to be paid for
more than once are much more time-consuming.
Items that have to be renewed are treated as serials. Which get treated
differently than one time purchases.  Serials have to be approved by a
committee.
Library systems aren't well setup to track and flag individual licenses. For
periodicals, the vendor sends us a big bill that lists everything, we say okay
and send payment.
Would it help if we word it as life-of-format?

I would be okay with the suggested pricing if I were being given a file to
load. If I have to do the digitization as well as hosting, it's a bit high.

If we're licensing for ongoing use for however many years, we must be allowed
to provide campus-wide using IP-authentication just like all of our subscribed
databases.
We would not agree to ongoing access that limited use to a single class or
required a password.  The only time that limited access would be okay is if I'm
buying one time use, but not for longer term access.

Barb Bergman | Media Services & Interlibrary Loan Librarian | Minnesota State
University, Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.berg...@mnsu.edu