cga2000 wrote:
On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 12:22:56AM EDT, Gary Johnson wrote:
On 2006-08-18, Gary Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For bulleted lists using '-',

    set com+=fb:-

or '*',

    set com+=fb:*

but those should already be part of the default 'comments' option
unless you have changed it.
I just checked again. "fb:-" is there by default; I added "fb:*" in my .vimrc and ftplugin/mail.vim.

I'll probably use the dot '.' .. hope it doesn't clash with anything..

Or maybe there's a :digraph that would look good and yet not cause
trouble in email, printouts, .. eg.

Thanks again,

cga

If you're using Latin1 or UTF-8, you may try:

- Currency sign (decimal 164, ¤, ^KCu)
- Middle dot (decimal 183, ·, ^K.M)
- or even a lowercase o, but in that case you should make sure that it isn't recognised as a bullet unless followed by a space or tab.