On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 01:32:33AM EDT, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> cga2000 wrote:

[..]

This is weird .. I'm sure I replied to this and yet there's no trace of
my reply anywhere.

> >I'll probably use the dot '.' .. hope it doesn't clash with anything..
> >
> >Or maybe there's a :digraph that would look good and yet not cause
> >trouble in email, printouts, .. eg.

[..]

Thank you for your suggestions.

> If you're using Latin1 or UTF-8, you may try:
>
> - Currency sign (decimal 164, ?, ^KCu)
> - Middle dot (decimal 183, ยท, ^K.M)

I did both:

:set com+=fb:Cu
:set com+=fb:.M

.. entered via a Ctrl-V Ctrl-K followed by the digraph .. and they do
not seem to be recognized.  When I reach the specified textwidth the
text entered wraps to column 1.

.. I also tried with asterisk '*' and the result is different and rather
unexpected:  When I reached the end of the first line, Vim automatically
inserts an asterisk and a space in columns 1-2 before carrying over the
word I started on the previous line.  The strange thing about this is
that if I do a:

:set com=fb:*

.. instead of

:set com+=fb:*

this problem goes away (line 2 wraps to column 3 as expected).

Are there conflicting values in my default ..

:set com?

> - or even a lowercase o, but in that case you should make sure that it
> isn't recognised as a bullet unless followed by a space or tab.

Will keep this one in mind in case I can't get either or the above to
work.

I'm running Vim 6.4 .. in case it matters.

Thanks

cga