Am Samstag 24 März 2007 schrieb Michael F. Lamb:
> I was not around for the previous discussion on this topic and I haven't
> sifted through the archives yet. Is the community consensus basically
> pro-wiki but contentious on an implementation / hosting choice?

Don't know - the discussion became very fragmented. There has also been some
promising start at Wikibooks:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Learning_the_vi_editor/Vim/TipsSandbox

Personaly I think this is the best approach as "Learning the vi editor" has
many of the added extras like a printable version [1] and pdf version [2] in
place.

Changing "Learning the vi editor" into "Learning the Vim editor" is also not
out of the question.

The Wikimedia foundation has SPAM protection in place and a very lage comunity
to patrol the pages. I usualy patrol using the RSS feed in receint changes.

Wikibooks is also know and the wikimedia sites have a high page rank which is
important when potential readers look for informations.

I realy see little point in the added effort of creating a seperate site. I
only suggested SourceForge as a alternative when a more independed solution
is desired. With Wikibooks we have to play by the rules. But even that is not
bad - the rules have evolved and are quite sound.

Martin

[1] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Learning_the_vi_editor/Print_version
[2] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/0/00/Learning_the_vi_editor.pdf

--