On 4/2/07, Hugh Sasse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It might be useful to also support C^irkau^ as well.  I'm not sure
how often the h form is used given the exception(s?) (flughaveno...)

For h form you can use my plugin:

It converts misc ascii representations to unicode and vice versa.
Among others are supported Cxirkaux-style, Zamenhof style with h (and
it knows about flughaveno and chashundo!), html/xml entities,
tex/latex notation and many more... If you want to spell check text
written with h's, you just convert it to unicode, check, and convert
back. Plugin is table-driven, and I haven't write tables myself -- I
borrowed them from two other open-source projects (UniRed and catdoc).
UniRed also has tables for ^Cirka^u, C^irkau^ and C`irkau`, and plugin
can use them, but I haven't bundled with plugin.

Also isn't your example often written "CXirkaux" because the CX is
(effectively) one character, capitalized?

I've newer seen this form, and I believe it is ugly. And in unicode
terms, this one character is not capitalized, but title-cased.

--
Cyril Slobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
<http://45.free.net/~slobin> `it means just what I choose it to mean'