On 4/20/07, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Please take the existing $VIMRUNTIME/spell/eo/main.aap and modify it a
bit to build the .spl file.  This can't be very difficult, you would  mostly use
the command you type manually.

OK, I'll try this. Probably tomorrow.

What is strange is that myspell uses eo_l3 and you have eo_EO and eo_UX.
Why two regions?

Esperanto language uses some letters from Latin3 character set. Of
course, they are in Unicode too. But during half-century in
ASCII-based world there was established some conventions for
transcribing these letters in pure ASCII. There are still some
disagreements which one is most popular, or most standard, or most
suitable, but I believe that "Cxirkaux"-convention is most widely used
(no, I can't prove this with statistics). The convention is named
"Cxirkaux" after transcription of the word "Ĉirkaŭ" (I hope you have
an appropriate font installed to read this). It is handy to be able to
check Esperanto text in both modes (or choose any one of two).
Probably to make two files -- eo.ascii.spl and eo.utf-8.spl -- will be
theoretically more pure, but my solution allows to switch between two
modes fast.

--
Cyril Slobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
<http://45.free.net/~slobin> `it means just what I choose it to mean'