On 09/04/08 11:30, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
[...]
> Now the patch is attached, hopefully that works better.

Patch went OK this time -- except for the helpfile, but that was
expected: patches for runtime files are always flaky, and it won't
change anything to the binary.

Added a --with-modified-by="Bram Moolenaar (floating point)" argument
(via $CONF_ARGS) and started "make reconfig" on a Huge build.

It compiles and ":version says +float -- I'll post the full ":version"
output at http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/version.txt
(reformatted to 80 characters for readability).

Let's do a few tests...

Oh, oh.. it had started working (and &1.0e256 multiplied by itself gives
inf, which is correct), but ":echo &1.0e308" crashes gvim (on Linux
i686) with SIGSEGV.

And BTW -- I found one oversight in the helpfile patch:

runtime/doc/eval.txt, line 40 is unchanged, there is:
   There are five types of variables:
There should be:
   There are six types of variables:

Best regards,