Rob,

Don't be knocking' those good old Unix/Linux editors. :) There are a number of
apps that might do what you want, but not sure what you want. :) Are you just
looking to take notes or actually put together some documents? You have such an
array of options I think it might help to know what options you are looking
for. You have options such as Elements, which is an editor that uses DropBox. I
am sure some will have a number of suggestions. You might also look at
http://www.applevis.com and sort through the app directory.