Hi Joseph, thanks for an excellent post!

My apologies if I misunderstood you.

Just so you know, I deal with User Experience / Human Factors professionally on
a daily basis.

I say this with the utmost respect to you.

While you are presenting your perspective, it seems that rather than presenting
any positive steps forward, you seem to simply be saying how other's ideas are
failing.

It sounds like you have a very good understanding of human factors and UX so
what would be a step you might propose to help us along in our journey to
having a reasonably balanced App Store experience?

How would this look to you? I would very much enjoy reading your thoughts on
this. Please. I would very much love it for you to feel comfortable
contributing your own ideas to help move this discussion forward and share your
own positive steps which we can consider.

This is what this list is about after all. We all need to feel good about
sharing our ideas here.

Thank you so much!

Smiles,

Cara :)