Hi Mike,

I guess 64bit processor will highly increase data transfer rate from the memory to processor unit and viceversa. In fact the 64bit processor's registries will be able to load and save QWord (quadruple words) rather than DWord (double word) in a single operation. How much this will improve applications' performances it is difficult to estimate, considering many other factors are involved. In any case, using 64bit processors, large amount of data will be processed faster, reducing at least the transfer time.

Warmly,

Mario.