Hi, I believe the 4gb of memory access applies to Windows-based operating systems and not Apple devices. But I am just spewing out what I think I know. It's true that in Windows if you have a 32-bit system and more than 4gb of ram, only the first 4gb will be used, but 64-bit will use more than 4gb. But isn't this Apples and Oranges, or better yet, Apples and Windows?

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Everyone's mature until the bubble wrap comes out. - Sheldon Cooper