Hi All,

The ODS main menu is based on the ods-bar framework with associated code based in ods_bar.vspx, ods_bar.xsl, ods-bar.css and related ones having to do with user instances. ods_bar.xsl appears to be the main one.

As an ODS sys admin, it is possible to change menu labels via the ODS UI using the Site Settings -> Application Menu dialog. However, the distributed menu option 'Discussion' is not provided there, and there is a difference in handling apps (e.g., Briefcase) vs profile info (e.g., Tags).

Because the functions below are not possible via the ODS UI (or if so, I have not found them! :) ), I have been probing the ODS source code attempting to:

1.  Add new menu links

2.  Remove some of the existing ones

3.  Change menu item orders, and

4.  Modify the Discussion label.

I have been trying to trace code and make mods in various locations, to no effect. I have even gone so far as to try modifying DB.DBA.WA_GET_APP_NAME directly through Conductor and in hosted_services.sql.

Can anyone provide guidance about where I should next look regarding these questions?

Thanks, Mike