Jed, you certainly have a right to your opinion and to express it.  In the
case of LENR, there are well respected scientists in positions of power in
the US government that claim LENR doesn't exist - "it is bad science".
They say this either from being right (I don't think so personally), from
being wrong (even though they are respected experts), or because they have
a purpose for claiming the LENR research false even though they know it to
be true.  There are politicos that are using their "Global Warming"
position to bolster their political support - whether they believe in the
science or not is irrelevant because they are getting something for having
taken the position (I.E. Gore).

In any business, all of the scenarios are equally examined.  What would the
situation be if we do nothing?  What would happen if the world truly made
its best possible effort?  What would happen if the world worked on
remediation - subtracted out all of the CO2 from the atmosphere to
pre-industrial levels (at great expense)?  How much difference will there
be between the best possible scenario and the worst scenario?  AND, how
much will it cost for the best possible scenario?  What alternative uses
could be made of that money?

I am not saying the world should continue emitting CO2 without regard to
its effects on the Earth.  Reduction of CO2 emission is important to keep
from poisoning our atmosphere.  The Chinese suffer from this so badly in
many of their major cities that they will be compelled to change (hopefully
to LENR from coal).  Reduction of CO2 in the US will do nothing to help the
Chinese problem.  I am stating that I believe CO2 elimination/remediation
is not an emergency.  I believe that with the best effort the world can
muster, the global warming rate will continue unabated.  CO2 policy
creation deserves balanced treatment over the next 100 years as does
preparation for warming; and elimination of poverty and war.