Rossi's answer to the claim the customer was not using the heat.
Why would Rossi make a court claim unless he was confident he could prove the plant worked?
Obviously he knows proof will be required.

1.
   Patrick Ellul
   August 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM
   <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=892&cpage=149#comment-1213459>

   Dear Andrea,
   In a world of science and law, without proof or witness, no one will
   believe that the customer plant was making real use of the heat.
   If this becomes an issue in court, will you be able to exhibit proof
   or witness of what the customer was using the heat for?
   Best regards

2.
   Andrea Rossi
   August 7, 2016 at 5:31 PM
   <http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=892&cpage=149#comment-1213461>

   Patrick Ellul:
   Obviously.
   Talking of proof and witness: in all the 66 pages of the
   countercomplaints there is not a single countercomplaint of which we
   will not be able to give evidence of its total falsity.
   The slanders that compound the substance of all the 66 pages will be
   duly processed by our Attorney.
   Obviously, I cannot enter in particulars and answer to issues to be
   discussed in Court.
   Warm Regards,
   A.R.