a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

It is not worth my time to determine the time sequence.  I didn't think
> Murray was allowed in the plant until after the test . . .

You are wrong about that. In any case, many other people were in the plant,
and they asked the same questions.

> . . . and I expect Penon knew he was hostile by then.

Penon's opinion of Murray is irrelevant! Penon was being paid to provide
information and to answer questions. He had a contractual obligation to
answer whether he thought people were nice or naughty.

>   So even if he didn't know of the pending court case he probably didn't
> feel inclined to answer a third party's request for info.

Third party?!? What are you talking about? Murray worked for I.H. That is
abundantly clear from the Answer, and from Exhibit 19. In it, Vaughn wrote:

"Also, I would like to introduce you to one of our new team members, Joe
Murray."

Have you done your homework on this? Have you read the documents?