On this rare occasion, I would have to agree with Axil.  He wrote:

*"I would map the magnetic field strengths over the entire face of the
billet, front and back. I would NOT apply any magnetism to it for fear of
changing something. Use only passive magnetic sensors."*

Since the ferrite will have hysteresis in its curve, and due to the energy
being delivered, I would expect large magnetic field swings that could well
have left a latent image of the magnetic field pattern being excited in the
block.  While it may be difficult, mapping the magnetic field direction on
the 6 faces of the block may provide a good clue into how the coils were
wound.