D* owns a deep orbit 2.15pm (Holmlid)In SO(4)this halve of that (1.07pm) like electron too. From the 7-Li-H* reaction we know that the deep shell electron binds to the nuclear flux too. Of course there are still many open questions but if you understand the mass structure e.g. of Deuterium I show in NPP 2.1.6 then you see which orbits can be used for deeper bindings. One revealing thing for fan's of classic physics would be to search for the shell electron of gold. Please tell me if you find a paper about e.g. Ag X or Ag XX or deeper states! Jürg Wyttenbach True, I did miss that point, but your statement raises another. In that case, you are only supplying a single extra electron from the neutron of the D, so the other K shell vacancy remains unfilled, and will cause a higher level electron to drop into the vacancy releasing an x-ray. Of course, for light elements this will only be a soft x-ray, but for mid-range or heavy atoms this can be quite energetic. Regards, Robin van Spaandonk

K shells are not usually vacant, so such an electron would still upset
things. Regards,

You miss the point! If you increase the nuclear charge by +2 then
exactly 2 k-shell electrons are missing!
True, I did miss that point, but your statement raises another. In that case,
you are only supplying a single extra electron from the neutron of the D, so the
other K shell vacancy remains unfilled, and will cause a higher level electron
to drop into the vacancy releasing an x-ray.
Of course, for light elements this will only be a soft x-ray, but for mid-range
or heavy atoms this can be quite energetic.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

local asymmetry = temporary success

--