Hmm...
the Michelson Morely results can be explained using a ballistic model of
light, but we know that such a model is an inaccurate representation of
light.
It would just take a little imagination and some basic algebra to find
suitable rules for the addition and subtraction of velocities for a wave
model of light. However, while the measured velocity of light could
decrease or increase in the moving frame, I still think the rules should
ensure that the velocity of light of wrt to the aether does not change.
harry