[Errata oops: the tubulin 'spiral' term used below is rather a helix on a
cylinder, not a spiral on a pineapple.  My bad.]

Hi Shawn,

I'll try to explain a bit... the tubulin protein is an integral part of
life.  The DNA is pulled apart by tubulin nanotubes into halves for cell
division.

An amoeba, explains Dr. Hameroff (anaesthesiologist --a consciousness
doctor) can be sucked up into a syringe, and it will eventually escape.
But if repeated, a one-celled amoeba somehow remembers how it escaped, and
gets out faster.  Each suck-up and escape is quicker.  Splain dat, Lucy.
No brain there.

OK, so, tubulin forms in cylinders, and tubulinA and tubulinB are
interspersed in the cylinder such that the A & B parts form the Fibonacci
pineapple spirals down the length of the tubublin nanotube.

The spiral pattern is also branching off with protein (?) junctions to
other nanotubes.  These nanotubes and junctions number in the billions per
every cell.

Lots of images and YouTube videos, and papers, and attempted rebuttals are
available on Google.

The search term is the name of the Theory --Orchestrated Objective
Reduction,  Orch OR Theory.   And image search, too.

Why does resonance decay in a nanotube into the spiral pattern?  Great
question.  Dunno.  Uneducatedly, I'd venture that the resonance setup time
is a few cycles to build, and the impedance of the tubulinA and B molecules
are slower to 'tap into' the resonant envelope.  An impedance mis-match.
But yet, is not some non-linearity needed in first principle to oscillate
on a steady potential?

Anyone?

BTW, the nanotube resonance has been tested independently from Hameroff
with nanoprobes on a nanotube driven with pulses... and they have a
resonant peak at 40 Hz... which is the highest 'clock rate' of human
brains.  That is the rate of the quantum-relaxation, charge/decay/repeat.
There are many many many quantum oscillations per each relaxation --which
wave collapse is called 'objective reduction' by Penrose and
Hameroff, i.e., a quantum wave collapse into a programmed tubulin 'organ
pipe, per se, --and the 'organ pipe' is more a flute, with tuning-holes in
the flute representing the branching protein that taps into the pipe.

Sean, I love your 'wave articulation matrix' image and concept... and want
to do a mind merge with you (but the group-mind-mirror isn't yet ready
<--that is attempted humor, ish).

What other structures? Well... I gots a favorite.  It's a torus knot.  A
three-phase array of knots on the same torus form.  I want to test this and
learn what it has to disclose.  I'm not sure which direction my thoughts
should trail without more tests.

Here is a set of parameters for a 'golden orthogonal torus knot'...
Major radius: Phi^(2)
Minor radius: Phi^(2) - Phi^(-2)

These parameters set the hole radius at the square root of two, curiously
enough.

This is the same torus profile algebraically, but scaled up to higher Phi
powers...
Maj: Phi^(4)
Min: Phi^(4) - Phi^(0)

So that would notate as
Maj: Phi^(n)
Min: Phi^(n) - Phi^(n-4)

Now!  When the torus major and minor radii above are used to specify a
torus knot profile, then if a knot ratio is selected as a Fibonacci pair an
orthogonal angle will be created between the helical knot windings across
the minor radius (viewed through the plane of the torus).

Almost orthogonal, that is.  The Fibonacci sequence adjacent pair of 13:8
as a torus knot ratio will produce 0.007 normalized error.

13/8 = 1.6250
Phi = 1.61803...

The closer the normalized error is to Phi, the closer the knot loops are to
orthogonal from outer to inner windings through the hole.

Pretty cool.  Integer resonance with a very irrational set of parameters
--except for the Fibonacci integers.

The Fibonacci Phi approximation error can be compensated in a real knot by
a slight elliptical stretch on the minor radius to stretch the torus on the
axis (0.007 part of scale). [Scale morphing should make standing waves on
the torus walk forward or backward, I reckon.]

So then, as the opposing conductors are orthogonal at the equator, and skew
from that toward the poles, then at resonance, there will be an inductive
dead-zone at the equator of the torus knot array (resistive contribution at
the equator due to orthogonality).  This equatorial zone will not
contribute to the harmonic envelope when pushed to resonance.

So then then, I would anticipate a resonance of this orthogonal knot would
tend to form standing charge regions that are bipolar, above and below the
equator. <-- I think it would take a lot of Watts to push a bipolar
resonant voltage pattern.  (With more caveats... the 2013 disclosure
claimed 30,000 watts of random magnetic pulses at around 30 kilohertz to
push an ionized layer of air out at eight feet diameter --a glowing sphere
enveloped it).  Lots of caveats apply.

Opinions?  Experience?

How would one create a macro-tubular Fibonacci spiral resonator that was
also a relaxation oscillator?

Seems to me that voltage fields switched in segments could create the macro
patterns of voltage in phase-time, but would that simulate quantum
effects?  Name this gedankindevice a super-giant macro boson.  Could you
get quantum computations?  Seems worth the look see.  What first principles
could reduce to a simpler effect for experiment?  I'm thinking like...
quantum effects at resonance may be available... treating the resonant
field as a quantum moment, perhaps and with special treatment.  Think
artificial quantum dot. But me no gots principled thoughts down that far
(yet).

Transcranial magnetic stimulation goes through flesh and brain, where
voltage effects on the brain are routed as currents around the brain
without needles putting current right in context with a neuron cluster.

Hameroff states that sonic, electrical, or magnetic pulses at the proper
frequency will engage the tubulin moment.  <-- Does not that indicate the
effect leverages upon the Coulombic field having its mass-center perturbed
by whatever external force? Sono-Coulomb-tronics does not exist, yet.  But
Frank Znidarsic paved the way with Podkletnov's data interpretation.

Also, Hameroff discovered that eight megaHertz of ultrasonic activation of
the nanotubules causes nanotubes to auto-assemble and repair <--- literally
repairing age-damage <-- with a 40 minute buzz of well being (per Hameroff
who did it).  Eight megaHz sonic energy treats depression.  Sonogram
equipment for imaging feti in the womb is I think what Hameroff used for
his buzz by placing the ultrasonics on his head.

Mad Amateur Science (MAS)

*Troll mode on:* I am mounting a hackaday.io project to invite assistance
with the build details.  The old brain does not want to struggle with each
and every learning curve of tech builds --where are the interns when
needed?  E.g., surface mounting ultra-transistors directly on copper
resonators, developing a fast data-log for arithmetic analysis with some
Russian algorithms could use some techy help, maybe a fund-raiser for hired
science should something interesting occur.

Shaun, the tech I'm developing would --if developed with some proper sensor
matrix on your 'wave articulation matrix'

would...

Show *all* patterns as exist in the active phase-space of the sensorized
topology. (At a resolution of the sensor matrix, which may be sparce and
extrapolated for waveform of rotation, mirrored signs, and the like.  And
I'm talking a serious lab development here... not a just hacked out (virgin
pristine IP wild frontier).  Oh hey!  If open source, it is shared.
The analysis scheme is by spy-tech... so, the sword gets beaten into a plow
point to share among community.  It is an actual plowshare project.
Marketing lingo.

The Russian tech was wrapped by a team of Ph.D-s plus a lowly coder (me),
and was given 800 million dollars twice to implement the affordances in
that Utah spy center.  The hunt for terrorists by looking at --Oh, maybe
that's classified.  The science is posted by the P. S. Prueitt, Ph.D, who
got it from a defected Russia and formalized it into DARPA, online at
ontologystream.com, and I've clear copyright to the algorithmic proofs I
wrote for a DARPA funding competition confab.  The DARPA work isn't posted,
just the computer science of the Russian Quasi Axiomatic Theory
(co-occurrence categoric comparison of time-line data streams for big data,
pretty simple stuff, just odd like category theory).

What's so spiffy keen about the QAT is that in principle, co-occurrence of
mental categorization is the quantum-unit of perception.  'wave
articulation matrix' is perceivable visually as iconery algorithmically.
Waxing sappy: it is as if my career path tooled-me-up for parsing the
perceptive envelope of mind --cause all the component know-how was waiting
in my bucket list.  Golly gee.

Any MAS support is highly appreciated (but I'm really just a technologist
hunting for data and wistful for a science wrapper on the work).

Troll mode OFF and out.

-don