Thanks for the info.  I've bookmarked the URL's.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Blanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:46 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The Twilight Experience

Actually, it's quite simple to check the strength of a magnet.  At
Sprain, we use a gauss meter. You can buy one:

http://www.lessemf.com/gauss.html

or build one:

http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magmeter.htm

You can also use a simple weight scale.  Place the magnet near a
degaussed soft iron mass and measure the pull from the magnet with the
scale at a given distance.

BTW, when used in the attractive mode, we have actually seen the field
strength increase over time.

Terry

On 7/14/07, Hoyt A. Stearns Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are more than two magnets, so I can't really answer that, but I
think
> "repulsive" is what you're getting at.
> Few of us have instrumentation to check magnet strength accurately, so no
> information available about that.

When