On Oct 6, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Frank Roarty wrote:

Horace, you have succeeded in steering me away from using the DiFiore et all proposals for anything other than demonstrating the break in isotropy. In re-reading their paper it appears they are trying to quantify the opposing
net gravitational force for the entire structure of layered cavities.

That is correct.

By
building on that false premise I was shooting myself in the foot, The
calculated Casimir force is much higher and up converts the ratio of
short/long vacuum fluctuations curving space-time proportionally.

This is, and is based on, a conglomeration of phantasmagoric hypotheses which makes no sense to me - so I'll not comment.

I intend
to put the standard Casimir formula for non ideal metals into a spreadsheet so I can compare the results between normal Casimir spacing and reduced
spacing for fractional radii (home repairs are delaying me).

This then is the force between spheres. Casimir plates are made of atoms. It would be astounding to make casimir plates out of hydino matter. Maybe possible, but difficult in the extreme.

Whether you
subscribe to hydrino, relativistic or other scenario the narrowest possible plate spacing is reduced by a factor of 137 assuming Bourgoin's math is
correct.

It is technically very difficult to obtain plate spacings of less than a micron.

I seem to recall the narrowest dimensions mentioned for a Casimir
force was approximately 10 atoms wide so I would model the minimal spacing at 10x Bohr diameter/137 making the opening too small for even a single
"normal" atom.

How do you propose to achieve this?

I realize there are some modifications to how the boundary
fields of the plates add in very close proximity. I haven't actually read the Lifshitz work yet to see if this will come into play before the minimum
1/137 orbital radius proposed by Bourgoin is achieved. I also think a
temperature coefficient will need to be considered based on the difference between Mills' results using a reactor and the slow results of Arata using
just Hydrogen and Pd nano materials at room temperature.

Best Regards
Fran

For two large, neutral, parallel conducting plates separated by a distance z
in vacuum attract each other with the force per unit area
P(z) =F(z) / S = -(pi^2 * reduced h * c)
/ (240* z^3)
Here reduced h is the reduced Planck constant, c is the velocity of light,
and S is the area of the plates.

The reduced Planck constant is commonly referred to in ascii as h_bar.

The force between two neutral conductive plates (ideally conducting and zero temperature) of area A with separation z is given by:

   F(z,A) = -(Pi^2 h_bar c A)/(240 z^4)

The force Fs(z,R) between a sphere of radius R and plate at distance z from a plane, where R>>z, is given by Mohideen:

   Fs(z,R) = -(Pi^3 h_bar c R)/(360 z^3)

I think the above must be a typo.  A more logical formula is:

   Fs(z,R) = -(Pi^3 h_bar c R^3)/(360 z^3)

There are also corrections that have to be made for finite conductivity, roughness of surface, potentials if nonzero, and temperature. For info on the above see:

http://www.mit.edu/~kardar/research/seminars/Casimir/PRL-Mohideen98.pdf

We can thus deduce the force per unit area Fu(z) between plates as:

Fu(z) = F(z,A) / A = [-(Pi^2 h_bar c A)/(240 z^4)]/A = -(Pi^2 h_bar c)/(240 z^4)

Mostpanenko gives the formula for the force F2s between two spheres of radius R1 and R2 as:

   F2s(z,R1,R2) = -K (R1)^3 (R2)^3 / z^7

where K depends on the material involved.

It is important to note that the Casimir force as described above is between objects consisting of ordinary matter, not individual atoms at close range. Forces change dramatically due to non zero point field interactions between atoms at close range.

I think beyond all this there are some wonderful things to discover about matter in collision. I think there are special states formed periodically between orbital electrons and nuclei. These states have delayed existences due to electroweak vacuum transactions that occur in the nucleus when electrons are present there. These states are comparatively simple when only hydrogen is involved. However, it just may be wildly possible, fantasmagorically possible, that, during atom-atom, or ion-ion collision of heavier atoms, neutral heavy nuclei can be momentarily formed due to the action of the electron cloud between the colliding nuclei, resulting in momentarily high electron populations in one of the interacting nuclei. If such a nuclear complex can indeed form then transmutation tunneling is feasible resulting in heavy nucleus fusions that ordinarily would require much energy, not just to overcome the Coulomb barrier, but to provide the energy required for the nuclear binding.

I think the hydrino state, if it exists, is likely a very unstable short lived state. It can be re-inflated by the vacuum, which is a very good thing because that re-inflating energy is provided free by the vacuum. Fortunately, the same thing can be said for heavy nuclei fused by the presence of inter-nuclear electrons. The energy for the strong force bond formation can be supplied by the vacuum with the help of the post fusion trapped electrons interacting with the vacuum. This kind of fusion might be supplied by lattice constrained helium, resulting in mass 4 increments to lattice atoms, and it might also account for heavy element fusion in arcs and collapsing bubbles.

This is all totally wild speculation on my part, but speculation based on experimental evidence.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/