Hi,
[snip]

>On 12/09/2009 03:54 PM, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
>> -0500:
>> Hi,
>> [snip]
>>> However, from the
>>> reported excess heat and from strongly correlated helium
>>> measurements, I consider it well established that the primary nuclear
>>> ash is helium, and that the primary fuel, the starting point, is deuterium.
>> [snip]
>> The only reason for the existing hot fusion branching ratios is conservation
>> of
>> momentum in a two particle reaction. If a third particle is available to
>> share
>> the momentum, but doesn't actually take part in the nuclear reaction, then D
>> + D
>> can fuse directly to He4.
>
>This is a variant on coupling to the lattice, is it not?  In this case
>the heavy atom might be seen as acting as a proxy for the whole lattice.

Yes, in sense I guess it is, though I think the proximity to the heavy nucleus
is important in that it shortens the speed of light time to about 1E-20 seconds
which is at least in the ball park for nuclear reactions. IOW I think it makes
sharing the momentum more likely.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk